Thursday, January 1, 2015

20 Things to Do in my Terrific Twenties!

     I've often worried that I peaked early. 
     In my younger years I made perfect grades, won a slew of awards and contests, and was on good terms with nearly everyone.
     Now I've hit an age that always felt like a lifetime away - twenty. Two decades of life on Earth. 
     Where do I go from here?!? I'm doing what I love, studying theater and communications, at a place I love, Florida State University, surrounded by people I love. 
     This year has seen an interesting battle with my perfectionism and while I still hold myself to a high standard I am appreciating the surprises of life. I'm happy and blessed that I can look back on life fondly, with many accomplishments, and if I can accomplish so much in what I can only hope will be around a fifth of my lifespan, imagine what I'm just getting ready to do! With unbridled freedom, my limitless imagination and curiosity about the world, who knows where I'll end up! 
     That being said, in the spirit of the new year, I've decided to follow my heart and fate where it leads me. A few years ago, I couldn't have imagined the person I am now and I'm glad for every trial, success and failure, along the way that's shaped who I am. My resolution, for the rest of my life, not just 2015, is to listen to, respect and trust myself. Life is precious and I can't wait to keep living! I know I'll be learning lessons along the way, but hopefully I can look back on it all and get a good laugh.
     To go along with my resolution, here's a "bucket list" of 20 Things I Want to Do In My Twenties! Watch the video to hear me explain each item and how I chose it!

20 Things I Want to do in my Twenties
1) Climb a mountain
2) Learn to play an instrument
3) Create my own recipe
4) Get a scuba diving license
5) Write and publish a book
6) Go backpacking in another country
7) Spend time as a volunteer
8) Roadtrip across America
9) Attend a festival in another country
10) Paint a mural
11) Move to a new place
12) See a Broadway show
13) Attend Fashion Week
14) Explore a cavern
15) Attend a music festival
16) Run a marathon
17) Get a tattoo
18) Fall in love
19) Go skydiving
20) Follow my heart... Do something unexpected!

1 comment:

  1. Liiiiiv! So inspiring! I am about to turn 21 and now I'm thinking that I have already lost a whole year of my 20's that I should have done something awesome! I want to make a list as well and I hope you follow through with yours! I think it's a wonderful list and I can't wait to see you accomplish each goal! You are so lovable in your video and I can't wait to see more! Keep posting! Please check out my blog and feel free to share it on yours!! livewholenprosper.blogspot.com I will add yours to my fav blog list on my home page!

    ReplyDelete